• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fender Bender Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kb0ykg

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Kentucky

Three Days ago I hit a lady in the rear. We were going about 10mph, (interstate was backed up). While her bumper got cracked, the police came and we decide to just work it out amoung ourself. So the police gave his his card his each other name and # on it.

My question is: How long should I wait, with out her contacting me, before I can say "I not fixing it", you waited to long to contact me about it.

A police report was not taken.

Alex02

Read a couple pages on this forum. You will notice that settling a problem like this ASAP will avoid law suits for that bumper damage and yes personal injury. If i were you I would call her up and tell her to get an estimate so you can pay for the bumper ASAP AND write something up saying that fixing her bumper will release you from any further liability or costs of any nature arising from the accident.

And to answer your question, i dont know how long she has to sue you for property damages to her car but it is at least one year

A

aahlee

joey:

do it fast, think of it as waving money in front of people all they have to do is sign on the dotted line, and THEY WILL, no matter how bad the terms are.

And the terms you want is, you take the benjamins, and you can never sue me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">