• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step parent adoption/paternity ex husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

martha cooper

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I have been maired to my husband almost 3 years now. My daughters almost 8 years old. My husband would like to adobt
my daughter.
When i was married to my exhusband. We were separated and i was with somone else and got pregnet. My exhusband and i tried to work our mariage out. And i agreed to put his name on my daughter's birth cert. Later we were devorced and he is aware that my daughter is not his. He never paid child support or had any contact with my daughter. I recently called him to see if he would let my husband adobt her. He says his name is on the birth cert. and will not due a perternity test. or let my husband adobt her. I told him if their was a question for him , we could get the test. he refuses. What are my legal choices?

I have always had full legal & physical cusdody from the state of california , but now live in hawaii with my husband. He is in the Air force.

Seanscott

Ask him if he'd rather agree to the adoption, or go to court and start paying support.

If you start the adoption proceedings, I bet he won't fight it. I bet he won't even show up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">