• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wendycat

What is the name of your state? TN
I have been gone from my husband for nearly 4 years and I have no money. The man I live with is disabled and his divorce about cost us his home. I don't work because I stay home to help him and tend to the animals. No car that I can drive either. My husband will not pay< has told all 5 of his ex-wives this> for a divorce and I would gladly pay if I could just find someone who is willing to work with me somehow.I want this divorce. I have also written to my husband asking very nicely <still have the letter if you need to see it> at home and where he was last working. I have heard nothing. Also the disabled man I am living with? Well, he was my first love. We lost contact for over 20 years and he found me and all we want to do is be married in the eyes of the world. Our one true dream and it almost seems hopeless.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

wendycat said:
What is the name of your state? TN
I have been gone from my husband for nearly 4 years and I have no money. The man I live with is disabled and his divorce about cost us his home. I don't work because I stay home to help him and tend to the animals. No car that I can drive either. My husband will not pay< has told all 5 of his ex-wives this> for a divorce and I would gladly pay if I could just find someone who is willing to work with me somehow.I want this divorce. I have also written to my husband asking very nicely <still have the letter if you need to see it> at home and where he was last working. I have heard nothing. Also the disabled man I am living with? Well, he was my first love. We lost contact for over 20 years and he found me and all we want to do is be married in the eyes of the world. Our one true dream and it almost seems hopeless.

My response:

Thank you for that wonderful, heartwarming, story.

Now, what would you like from us?

IAAL

W

wendycat

what do i want from your forum?

Just maybe someone could tell me if there are any lawyers that might be able to help me, or who to call, contact about finacial help. I posted my "heart" on the internet at a forum for friends and they sent me here.

W

wendycat

geez

I thought i did..........I just wanted to see if anyone on your forum might know of a lawyer that might work with me on getting a divorce, and all i seem to be getting is mean spirited answers. Sorry I even bothered you with my quest.

A

aahlee

wendy:

none of it is mean spirted, it just that lawyers have to eat too, they need clients with money, and cant work for FREE since most of the ones i know have over $100,000 in student loans to pay off.

So since you are home and not working, use your time to investigate the law, click on your home state and learn to use the states search engines and read read read and read.

A lot of stuff the grunt work you can do yourself, but for the actual filing you need money to pay a lawyer.

W

wendycat

This is the last time I will be here

I am sure that eveyone needs money and I was NOT asking for a free hand out just a little help. A way that I can pay little by little WITHOUT being belittled. I dont' mind doing the so called grunt work but I don't even know where to begin. By the way I am not stupid either. I have a decent iq of 149.

All in all I give up. I see that now. I won't be back so who ever the admin. is...... they can delete me from this forum. Sorry I bothered the people here with my question..... GOD, lol well anyways I always seem to find, everyday a reason not to give a crap about other people, and this place did it for me for the Christmas season. tyvm for your precious time.Oh and for the ones of you that have thousands of dollars.......... hope you think about this post everytime you see homeless people who are just down on their luck...................:mad: Oh yeah, go ahead and make fun. I won't be back to see your insensitive reply.

"but for the actual filing you need money to pay a lawyer."

No, she doesn't. Why would you say that?

Wendy, you can do this with out an attorney, but it will not be easy. That is why we pay them the big bucks! If your STBX does not contest, you will only have to pay the filing and court fees.

Check with your local courthouse, they may have legal aid, or at least a DIY divorce packet. You can also purchase one of several books at your local store on DIY divorces.

I'm very happy for you, but what were you thinking being the 6th wife?

:p

*sizzle*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">