• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commuity property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sven j. ullberg

What is the name of your state? California
Is jointly held property, in this case a mobile home, purchased with inherited money community property? Both husband and wife's name aare on the title.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sven j. ullberg said:
What is the name of your state? California
Is jointly held property, in this case a mobile home, purchased with inherited money community property? Both husband and wife's name aare on the title.

My response:

Well, if it wasn't before, now it is. Your names being on a joint title attest to that fact. Without a written agreement to the contrary, any inherited money used for the marital estate becomes community property; i.e., the inherited money became a gift to the marital estate.

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LegalBeagle said:
"A mobile home in California.. interesting.."

====================================

My response:

Our writer didn't mean to say California. Our writer meant "Nevada." It was clearly a mistake because, as you and I both know, there's no such thing as a mobile home in California - - having been outlawed about 14 years ago.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">