• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question for friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vindictive X

What is the name of your state? Az

I have a friend who has gone to see a lawyer about a divorce here in AZ. Both parties live in AZ but were married in CA about 8 years ago. Lawyer says it will take longer to finalize the divorce since the marraige was not in AZ. Anyone know about this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

vindictive X said:
What is the name of your state? Az

I have a friend who has gone to see a lawyer about a divorce here in AZ. Both parties live in AZ but were married in CA about 8 years ago. Lawyer says it will take longer to finalize the divorce since the marraige was not in AZ. Anyone know about this?

My response:

Did anybody bother to ask the attorney what that has to do with the price of eggs in China?

In California, it wouldn't matter if you were married in Tibet. Just as long as the couple satisfied the jurisdictional domicile and residency requirements at the time of filing, it wouldn't matter at all.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">