• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's at fault??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mazzykat

Texas -- My daughter was in an accident Saturday morning, and has been found at fault. She was taking her boyfriend to work and as she turned a curve, she was blinded by the morning sun. She slowed and tried to pull onto the left-hand shoulder of the highway, but wasn't certain she was off the road. Her boyfriend was looking behind to see if anyone was coming behind them. By now, they were off of the curve, and well into the staight part of the road. He saw a vehicle come around the curve going at about 70 mph (guess), that never slowed or swerved. He said the woman wasn't even looking ahead, but to her right. She slammed into my daughters car, and it's a miracle either she or her boyfriend are alive. Both were taken to the hospital with relatively minor injuries considering. Her boyfriend had to be removed with the jaws of life and has a torn shoulder, broken clavicle, and cuts. Both have whiplash type injuries, and bruises everywhere. I thank God they are alive, and the car is the last of my worries. However, I don't think my daughter is totally at fault. While she may have been going too slow, the other driver never saw her. There are no skid marks where the other driver skidded or swerved, only the skid marks where my daughter hit her brakes after she was hit. My daughters Honda Accord is mashed beyond recognition. The lady was driving a Tahoe, and it has a smashed fender. The other driver wasn't hurt. What do I do?

M

mazzykat

Will they do an investigation to determine who's at fault?

stephenk

they will to the extent your daughter's boyfriend or the other driver make claims against the carrier.

have your daughter request a copy of the police report when its available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">