• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ezbees

What is the name of your state? Tennessee.
i got divorced in 99 and in the papers my lawer added a part that he said was like adopting my oldist duaghter. tennessee code annotaited title 36-2-207 now imm having problems with getting her new birth certificate. i want to know how to find out just what this title 36-2-207 says. everywhere iv look it up it just says its been repealed but i still need to know what it said.
thank you.

CMSC

This section has been redone but here is what little info I could find on it.

http://www.state.tn.us/tccy/tnchild/36/36-4-125.htm

5. Natural Children.

Under this section and former § 36-2-207 [see now § 36-2-304], children born out of wedlock are legitimated by the marriage of their parents, even though the marriage is void. Southern Ry. v. Sanders, 193 Tenn. 409, 246 S.W.2d 65 (1952).

E

ezbees

thank you i'll see what i can find on the 36-2-304. does this establish me as the father? when i tried to get new birth certifacate they said they could change the last name but they couldn't put me on as the father. The original has no father listed.

CMSC

I guess that is what it it saying. I have never heard of it before. Sorry I am not more help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">