• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My word against his.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizette3429

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania.
I was waitng at a traffic light when my car was hit from behind by a freight truck, his excuse "I was on his blind spot". I was jerked forward at a tremdous force, I had my seatbelt on. I went to the hospital and the doctor showed me my x-rays explaining that i was bash really hard by looking at my x-rays. Since that accident my back was hurting on and off til 8 months later when I laid on my bed and bend my knees and brought them to my chest, more like a stretch motion. well the next day, I felt a pulling sensation everytime I would reach towards my right side. I let this go for about 2 weeks, the pain was on and off but more persistant this time. I finally went to a chiropractor and I gave them my health insurance, the doctor asked me what happened and I told him of the stretches, on the second vist, the doctor asked me if I had injured my back prior to the stretches, cause just a few simple stretches wouldn't cause the inflammation that i had in my lower back. then my husband and I realized right there, must have been the accident that I was in 8 months earlier, and we told him about it. he said the accident might have done something to my back and the stretching exercise finished the job. Problem is, he never documented any of the conversation for that visit. I went to my primary doctor cause my back wasn't getting any better. I was ordered not to see the chiropractor, and was sent for a MRI which there was an annular tear in lower lumbar. Now the insurance don't want to pay the chiro bill cause I didn't state that it was related to the accident and the chiro is not cooperating because my husband had an arguement with him. basically what I was told was because the chiropractor didn't document the conversation and all he is stating is that I was injured from stretching, the insurance company won't pay for any of my bills that i have incurred due to the accident. Now I am facing hundreds of dollars in medical bills and my back hurting for the rest of my life. Is there a way out of this one??

Last edited:

K

Kevin O'Keefe

lizette3429 said:
What is the name of your state? pennsylvania.
I was waitng at a traffic light when my car was hit from behind by a freight truck, his excuse "I was on his blind spot". I was jerked forward at a tremdous force, I had my seatbelt on. I went to the hospital and the doctor showed me my x-rays explaining that i was bash really hard by looking at my x-rays. Since that accident my back was hurting on and off I went to my primary doctor cause my back wasn't getting any better. I was ordered not to see the chiropractor, and was sent for a MRI which there was an annular tear in lower lumbar. Now the insurance don't want to pay the chiro bill cause I didn't state that it was related to the accident and the chiro is not cooperating because my husband had an arguement with him. basically what I was told was because the chiropractor didn't document the conversation and all he is stating is that I was injured from stretching, the insurance company won't pay for any of my bills that i have incurred due to the accident. Now I am facing hundreds of dollars in medical bills and my back hurting for the rest of my life. Is there a way out of this one??
Sorry to hear of the accident and resulting injuries. Everyday auto accidents arise where one person says one thing happened and another says the opposite. This does not prevent the one telling it like it was from recovering. In addition the driver who rear ends the other car is usually held liable for failure to keep a proper lookout. Insurers often concede that. So you may well be alright in that regard.

In addition, situations like you have going with the docs, what they say in their medical records and the decisions insurance companies make based on the records do happen. It's nice though have things black and white with clear documentation on the injury but the standard is what is more probable than not. In cases like yours common sense and medical science says it's more probable than not your injuries and resulting problems were cause by the accident.

You do have some hurdles to clear and you need some help. Getting in arguments with the treating docs is not the way to go - that will backfire. The way to go is to at least talk with a good local plaintiff's trial lawyer who represents injured people. It costs nothing to speak with the best. You will get some good info and then can decide how to proceed including whether to hire the lawyer.

Take a look at my prior posts on how to locate and select a good plaintiff's lawyer. It does not begin with looking at slick ads. If you do not find my prior posts let me know and I will re-post the info.

Take care.

- Kevin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">