• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Meth Charge ...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liven44

What is the name of your state? Kansas
A friend of mine was arrested for driving on a suspended license. As he was arrested and placed in the police vehicle, his passenger remained in the car. After the police talked to her ( she was wanted by parole people- unknown to my friend) - The officer searched my friends vehicle and "found" some Meth. As well his passenger had been found withpossessing Meth. Since this was not actually in my friends possession- can he be charged? Any suggestions??? Thanks!!

H

hmmbrdzz

Of course he can be charged. If he can prove the meth in his car wasn't his when his only witness is a parole violator and he was driving her around on a suspended license, he'll be performing miracles.

hmmbrdzz

A

aahlee

Liven44:

Do you see how EASY it is to catch stupid criminals?

Driving with a suspended licesne is bad enough, but to have 2 people with Meth on them, this makes an officer look good, gets him some brownie points and a better arrest record.

Yes your dopey friend made it so damn EASY to be arrested its laughable!

stephenk

despite the stupidity of your friend there may be a way he can get the meth charges dropped. everything depends on where the meth was found.

If it was stuffed under the cushion of the passenger seat, the passenger who was arrested may take the fall. more so because she already had meth on her.

if meth found under the driver seat or in the trunk, you know places he would have more likely access, he is stuck.

L

liven44

Not Being INTENTIONALLY RUDE...

I appreciate the HONEST opinions I have rec'd to my question.. However...No matter what the scenario looks like- My Friend is a very good person. In some situations what a person does or doesn't do - may or may not have a good outcome. As I said in my question- He DIDN'T know she was wanted, and I know (for a fact) that if he HAD known- He wouldn't have been giving her a ride anywhere. As far as the suspended license goes...I can't really say what he was thinking--driving. But none the less...as I said I do appreciate the responses!! Thanks!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">