• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Military Discharge after Summary Court Martial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdragon70

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was discharged from the US Marines in Nov. 1997. It was an Administrative Seperation after pleading guilty to Article 112a during a summary court martial. My reentry code is RE4B. My character of service was deemed "Other Than Honorable." I've recently read that any Administrative Seperation resulting in an Other Than Honorable characterization should be held in front of a review board. Mine wasn't. Should it have been? I don't care about trying to get any of my benefits, that's not what is important to me. What I would like to do is upgrade my reentry code so that I can reenlist.

J

jdragon70

Realistically, no. I was just wondering if what I ask is possible. I'd like to go into the reserves or join the Missouri National Guard. One of the things that bothered me about my discharge is that the urinalysis that I failed was taken before my 6 month overseas deployment. Nothing was said until I came back. Another question I have, if someone is awaiting trial for Article 112a, don't they continue to drug test that individual? Also, how long does it usually take for someone to have to wait for a summary court martial?

stephenk

were you represented by an attorney during the court martial?

I think your best avenue would be to consult with an attorney that specializes in military law.

sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">