• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife will not let me have the children during the divorce proceedings

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

littledaddy

What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife moved out in July we agreed on splitting the children 50/50 and now she has told me that I can only have them every other weekend. She does not have anything to back her up. I am trying to find out what I can do with out causing a seen to make it so she can not use the children to hurt me and them. Please help!

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

littledaddy said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
My wife moved out in July we agreed on splitting the children 50/50 and now she has told me that I can only have them every other weekend. She does not have anything to back her up. I am trying to find out what I can do with out causing a seen to make it so she can not use the children to hurt me and them. Please help!

My response:

Didn't either of you ask the court to make interim visitation and custody orders? These are called "Pendent Lite" (pronounced "lytee") Orders.

If there are such orders, and she is not following the orders, then you can file an Order to Show Cause Re: Contempt of Court.

IAAL

L

littledaddy

no we didn't. I was served in Nov and responded to it and have not had our first court date as of yet can I request one of those before we see a judge.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

littledaddy said:
no we didn't. I was served in Nov and responded to it and have not had our first court date as of yet can I request one of those before we see a judge.

My response:

You should be able to have pendent lite orders ordered. Talk to your attorney about the situation and do the necessary to get this ball rolling.

IAAL

L

littledaddy

Thank You for your advice I am trying to rep myself I am with out funds to hire a lawyer and any advise will be very helpfull.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

littledaddy said:
Thank You for your advice I am trying to rep myself I am with out funds to hire a lawyer and any advise will be very helpfull.

My response:

That's unfortunate, especially where children are involved. What is also unfortunate is that this site is called FreeAdvice - - not FreeLawSchool.

We can only give you our "advice". We can't teach you all that is needed to be done. That's not our function. And, it's simply impracticable on a bulletin board anyway. There are too many variations you'll need to know.

You're going to need an attorney.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">