• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living arrangements pre/post divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kayfuslee

What is the name of your state? new jersey
Is it legal to live at the same address after a divorce with joint custody of our 3 yr old, as sort of room mates? We own a house(not outright). Our mortgage is comparable to apt rents in this area so we do not want to give up the house. But because of moderate incomes we cannot afford to live apart. I am in a pickle,
but desparately need a divorce. Please, are there any creative solutions out there?

K

kayfuslee

reason for divorce - reply

The reason I want a divorce is simple, we haven't loved each other for a long time. Most of our 10 yrs together has been spent
arguing, with the last couple being the worst. My wife was on the verge of having an affair a yr ago. She has been physically abusive towards me (not our son) in the past. Even though it didn't leave bruises, it became de-grading after awhile. I finally realized that at 36, I didn't want to spend the next 40 yrs like this. I want to be free to pursue real love and have told her so. I am just not sure of all the legalities and how dating someone else now would impact a future divorce. Such as, could it be used against me even though she admits most of the responsibility for our problems?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I would think that it would cause a lot of problems between the two of you, as well as confusion for your little one. It really is better to make a clean break, IMO.

May I ask where in Central NJ? I'm in the Lakewood/Howell/Freehold area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">