• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stopping a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CAmom73

What is the name of your state?

California

I filed for divorce and it will be final on 1/9/03 with one exception -my husband and I have gotten back together and we want to stop it. Is that possible? What does it require?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CAmom73 said:
What is the name of your state?

California

I filed for divorce and it will be final on 1/9/03 with one exception -my husband and I have gotten back together and we want to stop it. Is that possible? What does it require?

My response:

Absolutely. Litigants can stop any litigation prior to final judgment, merely by both of you signing and filing a "Request for Dismissal." Get the form at the clerk's window, and date it, and sign it, and file it, right there.

Congratulations. Now, go screw each other's brains out to celebrate!

IAAL

C

CAmom73

This that still the case if we already have a ruling or judgement on the matter?

For some reason it sounds too simple.

BTW - thanks for the confidence and we have been there and done that already!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">