• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce, and a few questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mansontcno

What is the name of your state? Ohio
I just have a few questions hope someone can answer me, My husband is threatening divorce here in Jan, He says that he is going to take everything out of the house including applaicnes and such, and I asl have a paper from him with both of our signatures on it stating that he would give me the house and 500.00 a month, He is telling me that it will not hold up in a court because it is not notaraized but we both agreed on it , it says that he will give me the houise and 500 a month and he will only take out his personal belongings, I will let him take out his couch and clothes and stuff like that but can he legally take out the appliances and stuff like that until the hearing? If he does take them can I get him him in trouble? I also was wondering he one time kicked my car and put a huge dent in it the police where called and it is on file there was no police report that happened in like april of 2002, can i get him for that to pay the damages on the car also.

I would appreicate any help,
I am in dire need to know what i can do.
thanks alot

V

velbing

Don't wait for him to file. File yourself. Once you file for divorce, both parties are barred from disposing of marital property. Then if he makes good on his threat to take everything, he can be prosecuted. In the meantime, make a list of EVERYTHING you both own as well as a list of all debts and assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">