• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding a notary public

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Claws

What is the name of your state? Illinois

How do i find a notary public to witness the signing of divorce papers? i have searched the internet, with no luck. there seems to be none listed in my area. what profession usually has people in it that have this qualification? and does the notary have to be located in my area, or can i travel anywhere to see one?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Claws said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

How do i find a notary public to witness the signing of divorce papers? i have searched the internet, with no luck. there seems to be none listed in my area. what profession usually has people in it that have this qualification? and does the notary have to be located in my area, or can i travel anywhere to see one?

My response:

You walk into a bank, or a realtor office, or even a private p.o. box rental store.

Did you even try looking through your Yellow Pages.

You know, life really isn't this difficult.

IAAL

C

Claws

reply to IAAL

thank you for your help, IAAL, but i could do without the smart ass comments! ya know, we don't all live in a city that has millions of people in it!!! i live in a fairly small town, and yes i did look in my yellow pages, there was nothing listed.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
As IAAL said - try a bank, Mail Boxes Etc, check cashing service, realtor, travel agent. You said you searched the internet - did you pick up your phone book? That's sometimes a better resource.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: reply to IAAL

Claws said:
thank you for your help, IAAL, but i could do without the smart ass comments! ya know, we don't all live in a city that has millions of people in it!!! i live in a fairly small town, and yes i did look in my yellow pages, there was nothing listed.

My response:

I disagree. This site wouldn't be half as interesting or fun without a good, well-placed, smartass comment now and again.

Tag, you're it !

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I missed where you said you looked in the yellow pages - I find it difficult to believe that there were no notary public's listed. Consider going to your library and checking the Yellow pages for a slightly wider area.

C

Claws

reply to momma_tiger....

yea, i looked under lots of things....i tried the courthouse, attorneys, things like that. i'll try the library, thanks!

Whyte Noise

Claws

All you have to do is go to the bank Monday morning. They have a notary there. If you don't have a bank in your town, go to the next town that does. I live in a small town in Missouri that doesn't even have a stoplight. Just 2 4-way stop signs. But the bank here has a notary. Most do. And no notary public listed in the yellow pages here either.

C

Claws

reply to MissouriGal

thank you very much! ya know, some people that live in big cities think that the whole world revolves around them, and don't stop to think that people in smaller towns don't have the same access to things! i appreciate your advice...i will be at the bank monday morning!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: reply to MissouriGal

Claws said:
thank you very much! ya know, some people that live in big cities think that the whole world revolves around them, and don't stop to think that people in smaller towns don't have the same access to things!
Hmmmmm... no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">