• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Misrepresented"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lslsscorpio

1) Conspiracy/distribute controlled subtancr2) violent crime Drug/machine gun/3) unlawful transports of firearm,ect.
4( criminal forfeitures.... Highest offence level

Extremely concerned of my boyfriends federal case going to trial on Feb.3rd 2003. He has been 99% Misrepresented! He feels that his court app. attorney has mislead, tricked him into pleading guilty and signing papers in which he assumed they were papers of receiving his evidence about his case and he met his attorney at a Mcdonalds restaurant. prior to this signing of guilty plea, he has completed treatment at the 3rd top rated best treatment facility in the nation in trying to better his life. Not to mention was living at the Arch 1/2 way house, in which is rated 2nd best in the nation. working a full time job not missing any work. Riding a bus to and from work. making all requirements to pretrial release officer as scheduled, without absolutely no positive urnalysis test's. Attended to all Arch meetings. Has made a 100% change in his life within two months time. During this time
has had very poor relationship with attorney, not by choice. having copproximately 3 and 1/2 hours total time with attorney. Not understanding things, and rushed through thier appointment.
not satisfied with answered questions,lied to about the prison term of his guilty plea until mentioned in court seconds before put on the stand before the Magistrate Judge. In my opinion a 6 year prison term verses a 30 year to life prison term is a phenomonal
difference when it comes to a persons freedom or in paying their dues .running out of time not having the money required for a paid federal attorney. Scared, he will spend the rest of his life in prison,at least 85% of 27 years when no motions were filed by attorney always denied all the other related cases in his indictments attorney's have filed many motions for their client's. totally done wrong, My boyfriend is a great father to three
beautiful children. devoted to work and family 100% Please help him he has no other alternatives, "desperate & running out of time!!!! Thank you if any reply!!! Concerned Loved one!!!

calatty

Pleading guilty is an elaborate procedure that must take place in the courtroom before a judge, where the defendant is informed of the consequences of plea and his rights and waives them. In federal court, he must also in his own words say what he did that made him guilty. It is never just a matter of signing a piece of paper. If the 30 years came as a surprise to him, which is doubtful, and he did not want to accept the plea, he had the option of stopping the proceedings.
The federal offenses he was charged with carry extremely high mandatory penalties, and probably would have amounted to a life sentence, depending on the facts. 30 years with 85% time is better than life, and that is why people take deals like that. Given the penalties, the government does not make 6 year offers on those charges. The court does not care one bit about whether he went into treatment, was a good father, bettered his life, etc. In fact, because the penalties are mandatory and can only be reduced under limited circumstances, like if he gives substantial assistant to the government in apprehending drug dealers, even if the judge wanted to consider these things, s/he can't.
As far as motions go, sometimes there are motions to make and sometimes there aren't. Most motions can be made only if the defendant goes to trial. What motions do you feel should have been made?
Federal defenders are very busy people and have to allocate their time. 3 1/2 hours is quite a bit of time to spend with a drug defendant in a guilty plea case. What would he have achieved by spending more time with him? The quality of the representation depends on what the attorney does in court. Given the federal penalties, it appears you boyfriend's attorney did an excellent job in getting him out from a sentence that would have amounted to life without parole and into one that will at least let him live some part of his life out of prison.

J

JeFFeatworld

Is law always justice and fair?

is there any protection for the victims? for people who never do anything wrong but other set them up.....

H

hmmbrdzz

To Crissyp: You erased all your threads related to your "problems". Why? So people wouldn't know what's up? Here's what's up. You're a CNA (a cert. nurse's assistant). You are able to work because a nurse is in charge of you on your job and because that nurse, by virture of what a CNA is (unlicensed), takes full liability for any foul ups you make that may cause harm to a patient. That includes being sued if you muck up. You got busted and convicted for 2 felony drug possession (controlled substances) and theft last year and didn't report these charges to your employer OR the nursing board, as is required of you by law. You continued to practice instead. You eventually got caught. Now you're on probation and can't work. You're angry at the Oregon Board of Nursing because they've got you in a grip now. You're "upset" because you can't get a job now. You believe that your "free time" is your business" and that the Oregon Board of Nursing shouldn't have jurisdiction over you. You came to these boards yesterday telling your story on one board (firing and hiring) and then jumped to another board (sentencing and expungement) trying to find out how to get a felony record expunged. You didn't identify yourself as a CNA on your expungement topic, but I knew who you were because I had just responded to your thread under "firing and hiring". You didn't like it when I told you "that's fraud" (and a few other things). Like I said before -- You are a disgrace to the health care industry and shouldn't practice. Anyone in the field who would continue to work in violation of their practice standards and who would put their patients at risk and their colleagues at risk is a sh*t of a CNA. Erase all you want, but you came here to find me. So .... here I am.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">