• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what constitutes legal proof for fault divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jayesh

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My wife verbally admitted that she has been having an affair with her boss at work for the last 2 years. There were no witnesses to this conversation.
What is need as proof for me to file for a fault divorce? Could i simply tape our conversation with her admitting guilt? She confided in a friend about the affair. Can I call this person to the stand to testify? She would probably be willing.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jayesh said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My wife verbally admitted that she has been having an affair with her boss at work for the last 2 years. There were no witnesses to this conversation.
What is need as proof for me to file for a fault divorce? Could i simply tape our conversation with her admitting guilt? She confided in a friend about the affair. Can I call this person to the stand to testify? She would probably be willing.

My response:

Is money no object?

If it is, why do you want to fight an expensive battle when you can just as easily use your States' "No Fault" rules? All you need is her consent to the Petition and, after 90 days, voila, you can get your divorce decree. Or, if she won't consent (which would be ridiculous considering what she's done) you just need to be separated for 2 years.

Remember, a divorce is a divorce is a divorce. But, it's your choice - - do it the expensive way, or the cheap way.

IAAL

annefan

Not so in Pennsylvania...Automatic divorce after 2 years separation does not exist. Usually, the way it's done is this: You litigate the unwilling defendant until their money well runs dry and they buckle under and sign the consent forms.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">