• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marriage with one name & divorece with another.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rampg

What is the name of your state? texas
while looking up my husband's records i found he was married under his old family name grzhowiak and when his ex- wife filed for divorce she filled under the family's new name gehovak. he said he changed his name berfore they were married but it is registered under his old name. are they really divorced? especially since he never signed his papers either way?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rampg said:
What is the name of your state? texas
while looking up my husband's records i found he was married under his old family name grzhowiak and when his ex- wife filed for divorce she filled under the family's new name gehovak. he said he changed his name berfore they were married but it is registered under his old name. are they really divorced? especially since he never signed his papers either way?

My response:

Divorce Petitions and Decrees usually (at least in California) bear the Social Security Numbers of the parties. If that's the case in your situation, then the name spellings are incidental and not very important, if at all.

By the way, that's a real mouthful of a name!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">