• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I have to pay off her loans, how do keep from losing house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jayesh

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
A year after our marriage my wife decided she wanted to go to school to be a dental hygenist. I supported her decision and payed all of our living expences for 4.5 years. She took out the maximum student loan every year to pay for her schooling and have a little extra to spend on herself. The loans are in her name. About 20K. She repaid me by starting an affiar with her employer almost immediatly after being hired at her new job. This affair went on for the last 2.5 years and just found out a couple of days ago. In the mean time she acted like everything was fine and even convinced me to build a very expensive home. Now I find myself with a 2,000/mo mortgage payement which i can barely afford and a wife I can not trust(We split motrgage payment 60/40). She claims she wants to try to work things out - I dont know if can after all the lies. The bottom line is if we divorce is there any way I can keep the house. Will I have to help her pay off her student loans.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">