• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get an annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amoore

What is the name of your state? Arkansas
I married on August 16, 2002. Found out in October that he is manic-depressive - he did not disclose this mental illness to me before we got married. I need to know if I qualify for an annulment in my state - I can't find any info. on the net. Please let me know. Help:(

68chick

Just curious...

How long did you know him before you married him?

A

amoore

68chick said:
Just curious...

How long did you know him before you married him?
I new him about 2 months. Yes, I should have waited to get married, but we talked so much during that time that we joked about knowing each other for 2 years.

C

cyana

Missourigal already gave you an answer:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126023

Probably the reason you can't find anything on the 'net is because being bipolar is not the same thing is not having the "mental capacity" to enter a marriage, which would be grounds for an annulment. You likely need a divorce if want out of this marriage. I suggest you consult a family law attorney.

K

knorris

What about treatment?

Just wondering if he is being treated for his Bi-polar? If not would he be willing to seek treatment?

T

trac

for bi-polor you can take medication, im a nurse but he needs to be tested. He in some cases things can be dangerous if he dont take his meds!! he can flip at anytime, just becareful :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">