• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drug court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

craney

What is the name of your state? ky
my husband was arrested on four felony drug charges (controlled substances) and a pfo. he recieved drug court and probation. i found out i was pregnant shortly after we were married and we were having problems. i left and filed for divorce and he got mixed back up with his old friends. he dropped out of drug court and i want to get him back in. i am wondering if (due to circumstances--stress) if it is possible, while giving him house arrest with electronic monitoring and community service. if not, he is facing eight years of prison, which would do him no good. thank you for your advice!

HomeGuru

craney said:
What is the name of your state? ky
my husband was arrested on four felony drug charges (controlled substances) and a pfo. he recieved drug court and probation. i found out i was pregnant shortly after we were married and we were having problems. i left and filed for divorce and he got mixed back up with his old friends. he dropped out of drug court and i want to get him back in. i am wondering if (due to circumstances--stress) if it is possible, while giving him house arrest with electronic monitoring and community service. if not, he is facing eight years of prison, which would do him no good. thank you for your advice!

**A: I disagree. In KY, the 8 years in prison would do him some good. He'll meet new friends like Bubba and Bruno.

H

hmmbrdzz

It may not do HIM good, but that is the price he will breaking the law unless he can afford a real good attorney to help reduce his sentence. His problem may affect you, but it's effects on you -- pregnant or not -- will not be taken into consideration when the legal system calculates his time.

You're looking at bringing this baby into the world with the father in prison, there for several drug related crimes. If he returns to you after pulling time and this scenario continues, Child Protective Services will investigate the matter, and your child will be legally placed in what the state considers a more appropriate setting.
My advice? Be a responsible parent who doesn't endorse an attitude of acceptance to illegal drugs. If not, your child will grow up to be a Bubba, a Brutus, (I mean Bruno), a Cletus, and then you'll be back here in about 12 years looking for ways to save him from prison from the rest of your life. Change your life now.

hmmbrdzz

C

craney

I appreciate your advice. My family agrees with you 100%. However, I do not approve of his substance abuse. Prison does not help anyone with a drug problem. I am only trying to help him avoid prison and get better. IF by chance he can avoid prison but fails to overcome his addiction, then all is lost. Not only do I know, but the courts know as well that nothing works because everything has been tried. I know drug addiction is hard to kick, but my brother did it and has been clean for about six years now. My baby is my first priority but I do want my family if he can change his behavior. Anyone that has a problem needs help and support. However, if he does not change, then I have to let him go. I agree that if we were to stay together while he continues to abuse drugs, then my son is most likely to repeat the same behaviors. Drug Court is a very good program. If he can get back into while in counseling, under house arrest with electronic monitoring and community service he may be able to succeed with lots of support. I just want my family together and to be "normal."

H

hmmbrdzz

You are pregnant. There is a reality about addiction. Only 16% of drug addicts are clean one year after treatment. In two years time that number drops to 8%. The chances of your husband staying clean are close to zero, but -- as seen with your
brother -- your husband can get clean. BUT -- if he already has four felony drug convictions and has now violated drug court, he has sent the message that he would rather use over all else -- even if it means saying goodbye to his family in exchange for living with the dregs of society. It sounds like you've got a "normal family" (your parents) who are doing what they should to support you and the baby. Stick with them -- not with a loser. He's going to be in prison. This is the most negative place in the world.

Having said that -- his only hope is to hire an attorney and see if the attorney can help him once he turns himself in to face whatever music he's got to listen to. You don't have to listen to his music, though.

Good luck to you.

hmmbrdzz

K

Kim66

You are living my life. I don't think this is the place to bring this all up but if you would like to talk and receive some advice regarding to what you are going through, please email me. I will be more than happy to tell you my story and hopefully it will give you some insight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">