• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I file suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jon alvstad

What is the name of your state? minnesota,
my wife filed for divorce a year ago, and the divorce became final in july of 2002. i was told i would recieve three drafts of the divorce papers, i recieved only one, which i reluctantly signed. her attourney did not contact me at all. i was not informed of a court date, and to this point have recieved absolutely no paperwork in regards to the divorce being final, it has been six months. furthermore, my wifes copy of the judgement states that "since i failed to appear in court i must not dispute the divorce" judgement for her.
i am tired of the husband/ father in divorce proceedings being treated like we dont even exist! i am considering fileing suit against her lawyer for professional neglect and misconduct. i want money for my pain and suffering, an appology from the lawyer, and a letter to the judge stating his mistakes. what should i do, do i have a case? we collectively scratch our heads when our kids go bad, is it any wonder when some lawyer decideds we are bad fathers and allows us to see our kids but twelve times a year?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">