• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the Judge out of line?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

didi

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
I don't know if this is the correct forum but,
just found out that the judge that handled my custody hearing, who was also totally against me ,my lawyer and my rights to a fair hearing because we were "out of county residence" when the hearing took place, used to be law firm partners with my ex's lawyer right before she took a judicial seat. Shouldn't she have excused herself from this hearing? Is it not a conflict of interest? Or is it a normal situation. There was also info passed before the hearing that she had talked to my ex's lawyer in private and assured him that he would not have any problems. This was brought to her attention before the hearing which explained her discriminative and bias actions towards myself and my lawyer at the hearing. what can I do?

ALawyer

The fact that a party is represented by one of the judge's former partners usually does not automatically disqualify the judge, but it all depends on the facts and circumstances and whether you asked then judge to recuse him or herself.

D

didi

We have had 2 recusals sent to have this Judge step down, the latest was requested to be answered by Aug 26th of last year, both have been ignored. My ex lives in the county where the custody hearing was. I live outside the county (45 min) also with an out of county lawyer because I was told by lawyers in that county I would not win custody because I left the county. Before the hearing (which was scheduled AFTER school started in Aug of 2000) (my son, 5 at the time was just starting) My lawter sent a request to move the hearing up before school started because I was also told by the conciliator I would not get my son once he started school there. During a phone conversation with my ex he informed me "my lawyer already talked to the judge and he told me the judge was NOT moving the date. I told my lawyer and he was shocked because he had heard nothing and then did not receive any denial notice until 3 weeks later. He filed a recusal and did put that conversation in, only to receive a phone call from the Judge and she was very angry at my lawyer, then at the hearing she was very nasty towards myself , my lawyer and gave my two witnesses (1st one) 5 mintues on the stand (2nd one) allowed only 2 questions. Cut my lawyer off many times, she did not want to hear about my ex's affairs or his drinking problem, which he did admit to heavy drinking for over 9 years while we were together, which he still has a problem. In the court order which we did not get till 3 months after the hearing, she made statements that were not even mentioned in the hearing or on paper. Example: the name of a day care my son used to attend but did not attend for over a year before the hearing, the only way to know the name was to talk to his lawyer. Anyway, it is now 5 months later since the last recusal was to be answered and nothing. Also just found out, I don't know if it makes a difference, my ex's lawyer is now running for the 6th seat that just opened up. The judge is the 5th which she took the 5th seat in Nov of 99 and my hearing was aug 2000. Every petition, modification etc. that has been sent has been ignored. The custody order is so screwed up also, I can't even get Mother's day (which was in the temp order) no designated place to meet, I meet where ever my ex tells me to meet him. no shared b-days etc. only xmas, easter & thanksgiving. How do you make them give an answer (anything) just respond. I have stuff out there since 2000 and nothing has been answered.

P

pamela vandi

www.johnwalsh.tv

If you think that discussing your case on national T.V. would benefit you (and others), you can fill out an on-line form for the John Walsh show at www.johnwalsh.tv. From what you've said of your lawyer, it sounds like he'd be game. You should consult your attorney before going on the show if your case is pending. Corruption in the judiciary is widespread. See www.skolnicksreport.com for examples of judges whose corruption resulted in those judges being jailed.

thank you pamela vandi

I watch very little tv so I'm not familiar with this "John Walsh". But he sounds right up my alley if he's the type to take on issues of misuse of the judical system. Can't do it till my suit is settled, but hopefully that's not too far off.

charlie

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: thank you pamela vandi

charlie neville said:
I watch very little tv so I'm not familiar with this "John Walsh". But he sounds right up my alley if he's the type to take on issues of misuse of the judical system. Can't do it till my suit is settled, but hopefully that's not too far off.

charlie

====================================

My response:

So, "didi" is aka "charlie neville", eh?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Jesus liable...

My response:

Why Charlie? Just to satisfy you? We have lives. Besides our law practices, we were meant to be here just to bother you!

It's Kismet.

So, "didi" aka Charlie ("the criminal") Neville, bite me!

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
"I" if I may use the familiar...

... the bitch brought 4 charges. I was found 'not guilty' of the first and the DA dismissed the others. Therefore I am "innocent" of the charges, though I'm far from innocent in many other respects.

Ever read "stranger in a strange land", you moral reprobate? To 'bite' you is out of the question!

charlie

P

pamela vandi

to charlie neville

Charlie Neville: Annie Odie has an explanation for the inappropriate remarks of the "moral reprobate:" that iaal really stands for "I am always loaded."

An alternate theory, advanced by our distinguished colleague, taysnet, can be seen on her post "can i keep anything?" It is in the "litigation-general" section and has been viewed by over 500 onlookers. It may be construed as "hitting below the belt"...

An accused is assumed innocent...

...until proven guilty. It therefore follows logically that if if one is not found guilty of a crime, one is innocent.

I know, I know, logic has nothing to do with the legal profession. That's supremely obvious. Sophistry and rhetoric are the tools of the trade, truth and justice are unimportant.

Given that, you should work on your syntax, I'm sure you already have a thesaurus, but make sure your usage is appropriate. And, your punctuation and capitalization on this board are nothing but atrocious.

charlie

I like that pamela vandi...

..."I am always loaded", then there's "Home Brew" and "stephemp" too.

I do at times glean worth while information from this board. It's not often though because of these three who insist on interjecting their inane comments concerning problems people are having.

I try to post helpful information on subjects I'm familiar with, and appreciate those who do the same.

Hang in there.

charlie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">