• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

feeling harrassed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rshell3

What is the name of your state? maryland
i am a concerned sister and citizen, in my area i feel as though some people because of their race and where they live are targeted for harrassment.
my brother was charged with a felony drug possesion a few years ago.when he got out of jail my husband and i asked him to come live with us so that maybe we could help him get life back together again. we know that he was doing everything he could to stay out of trouble but a warrant was issued for him and he turned himself in on possession and selling to an undercover cop 8 months later after waiting behind bars for a court date that kept being posponed by the county he was set free charges were dropped , and just to let you know he had to wait in jail for his date because the bond was higher than some rape and attempted murder cases in my county.
there are other things that go on like this where i live .
how do i get involved? and what took place with my brother legal and does he have any recourse and if he does on who?

H

hmmbrdzz

Get involved with what? If drugs are involved, you don't want to get involved with any of it -- not your brother, not the system. Your brother could have had a large bond because of several reasons. He could have turned informant while in jail, and that could be the reason he was in jail for 8 months and the charges ultimately dropped -- he gave someone up. The undercover cops didn't just sell to your brother to get just him. They are working to get many.

You simply do not want to get involved in order to "help" someone on this because of a harassment issue. It is dangerous, and you should leave it up to the police, the undercover cops, and the system.

If your brother did turn some names in for exchange of dropped charges, your brother got GOOD results. He doesn't need any recourse. He just needs to watch out for more than just the police. Don't get involved.

hmmbrdzz

stephenk

his bail was higher because he was a repeat offender. the court looks at him as not learning from his first, second, third, etc. conviction.

You didnt mention it, but was your brother selling drugs again?

R

rshell3

reply to feeling harrassed

I want to add what I mean by getting involved . I understand it is
a dangerous situation but I as well as other people in my community want to see drugs off of our streets and it seems as if the police aren't doing enough or going after the nickel and dime dealers and not really making a difference . I also want to add that he was not selling drugs at the time of the arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">