• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deffered prosecution agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toby123

What is the name of your state?wisconsin
i received a deferred prosecution agreement on a misdemeanor possession (marijuana) charge and it states that all charges will be dismissed as of january 3, 2003. will it still be on my record?

D

daxwell

In the state of Michigan, the deferred prosecution agreement means it will be expunged ( removed ) from your record.

As long as you have kept your nose clean it's as simple as going to the records division of the precinct you were arrested at and asking them for a copy of your criminal record - very inexpensive. I would recommend you do this anyhow to make sure the order was executed. They often do not close out things the way they should nor do they care to unless told to. It would be a shame sometime down the road to have this haunt you for simply not following up now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">