• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

grounds for divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

broken1

What is the name of your state? new york

my husband says he will divorce me because i have decided to file "married filing separately" this year (2002). he has claimed myself and daughter as deductions adding up to nearly 30,000.00 for the last three years, which savings he has used entirely at his discretion, in his business. he says that my changing filing status will cost him his business and that he wants a divorce. does he have grounds for divorce for this?
i am in a big panic, as i thought he actually cared for and loved his new family (m. 3+ yrs.). he says that he is calling a lawyer tomorrow. please i hope someone is here to help now!!!

HomeGuru

broken1 said:
What is the name of your state? new york

my husband says he will divorce me because i have decided to file "married filing separately" this year (2002). he has claimed myself and daughter as deductions adding up to nearly 30,000.00 for the last three years, which savings he has used entirely at his discretion, in his business. he says that my changing filing status will cost him his business and that he wants a divorce. does he have grounds for divorce for this?
i am in a big panic, as i thought he actually cared for and loved his new family (m. 3+ yrs.). he says that he is calling a lawyer tomorrow. please i hope someone is here to help now!!!

**A: good grief. You two have way more issues than just tax filing problems. And what is wrong with you filing jointly?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">