• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

failure to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

car1900

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recently received a parking ticket in a commuter lot. the code written on the ticket was incorrect to the words written "failure to Pay"

The commuter lot has one meter for perhapes 120 spaces. I parked and paid the fee to park and received a receipt out of the meter that clearly states "Retain for proof of Payment"

The problem is my receipt shows one space and the ticket shows another. I believe i parked in the space my receipt states. However, in any event i read the city ordinances and read nothing about correctly entering space numbers. It only states what the parking fee is.

The code number which the officer said i violated was instructions as to procedures on paying parking tickets that violated other city parking ordinances.

The city has the option of purchasing other receipts for their meters, one being, "Place this ticket in your window for proof of Payment" But they choose the one that states retain for proof of payment.

I know mistakes can be made on space numbers. It is equally likely the ticket was supposed to be placed on a different car. Since the officer couldn't even write the proper code number.

Am I wrong in my belief my receipt is all i need? Please let me know what you think? What a judge will think?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">