• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going thru a divorce i need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

trac

What is the name of your state?MICHIGAN

I AM CURRENTLY GOING THRU A DIVORCE WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR OVER A YEAR BUT OUR MARRIAGE WE OVER JUST BEFORE OUR ONE YEAR. NOW HE IS SUING ME FOR $3,500.00 FOR OWED CREDIT CARDS AND ETC.... BUT EVERYTHING IS IN HIS NAME PLUS I HAD MY CREDIT CARDS IN MY NAME AND I AM PAYING THOSE WHICH IS REALLY EQUEL DEBT. I CANT AFFORD AN ATTORNEY. I AM A MOTHER OF 2 CHILDREN FROM A PREVIOUS.
RIGHT AFTER HE LEFT HE TOOK ALL THE MONEY IN THE BANK AND DIDNT PAY FOR ANYTHING IN THE HOUSEHOLD. REALLY WHAT I AM ASKING, I GUESS IS WOULD I REALLY HAVE TO PAY HIM THAT MONEY ?EVEN IF THEY ARE IN HIS NAME? PLUS I HAD MY OWN WHICH I AM PAYING FOR THRU OUR MARRIAGE.
PLUS IS THERE ANY LEGAL AID OUT THERE I CAN GET TO HELP ME GET AN ATTORNEY OR ADVICE ??
ALSO BEFORE OUR MARRIAGE I HAD FILED A BANKRPTCY BUT T,O BILLS THAT OCCURED WITH MY CHILDRENS FATHER. SO I DONT KNOW IF THAT WILL HELP ME ANY.
PLEASE HELP ME OUT THERE, I CANT AFFORD TO GO IN ANY DEBT IF HE WINS THIS SUIT. i AM A SINLE MOTHER OF 2 BOYS AND IM A NURSE BUT I ONLY WORK ABOUT 30 HRS A WEEK

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Please edit your post to comply with the rules of this site; i.e., "type in lower case letters", and you may increase your chances for a response.

You can edit your post by clicking on the "edit" button just below and to the right of your post.

Thank you.

IAAL

kidoday

Ok, I will respond to your post even though it was as if you were screaming it.

I was told that marital debt would be divided in equal shares. So in essence if your debt equals his debt then it really is a wash, as long as the debt was pertaining to your marriage. It won't be considered martial debt if you spent it on bon bons and pedicures throughout the year.

Hope this helps.

Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">