• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

h1u2e3y4

What is the name of your state? texas .my wife and i met a woman about 4 years ago that had a six month old boy that she did not want and nor did her family.she said she did not know who the father was.my wife and i took the little boy.she signed a power of attorney giving us costody.we attempted to adopt him on our own through the courts but were told by the judge that we had to prove that she did not know who the father was.other wise we had all the legal documents we needed.now after three and a half years i am afraid that trying again to adopt him would possibly result in her changing her mindand taking OUR SON away from us.he is our son regardless of weather or he has our name.were afraid to stir any thing up. help please.we also dont have alot of money

FarmerJ

H1 I am curious does the Birthmother ever see or support this child ? you very well might want to consult with a lawyer . first the child living with you this long It might legally be in the better interest of the child to stay there permanently but in all honesty dont get hopes up because any thing I say other than to consult with a lawyer. After that long of you caring for child you need to try to see if you can get something more solid going than current arrangement . If you do not know of a attorney BY ALL means search through this web sites Find A Lawyer Link and atleast get the ball going to get answers

H

h1u2e3y4

thanks for the reply farmer j.she has never seen or supported this child.in fact she has an older girl about 10 that her mother supports and has raised. she has also had many abortions and has recently has had another baby and gave it to one of her sisters.i might ad that she has a criminal and drug history,and has been jailed many times.we do not see her but stay in touch with people who know where she is and what she's up to.she has never asked about him,neither has her family.

Seanscott

With her history of child abandonment, I don't think any judge in his right mind would ever consider allowing her visitation. Sounds like she wouldn't ask for it anyway.

Hope you can get everything tied up legally

B

Boxcarbill

h1u2e3y4 said:
What is the name of your state? texas .my wife and i met a woman about 4 years ago that had a six month old boy that she did not want and nor did her family.she said she did not know who the father was.my wife and i took the little boy.she signed a power of attorney giving us costody.we attempted to adopt him on our own through the courts but were told by the judge that we had to prove that she did not know who the father was.other wise we had all the legal documents we needed.now after three and a half years i am afraid that trying again to adopt him would possibly result in her changing her mindand taking OUR SON away from us.he is our son regardless of weather or he has our name.were afraid to stir any thing up. help please.we also dont have alot of money
What a tangled mess. If you wish to adopt this child, you are going to have to "stir things up," by termination of both parents' rights. You are also going to need an attorney to do this. It is not something that you can handle yourself. As to mother having a change of heart, I wouldn't worry about that. There are a couple of sufficient grounds for termination of her parental rights. The real task is going to be to get the mother to execute a Status of the Child and either name the alleged biological father or give a statement that the name of an alleged father is unknown.

Last edited:
H

h1u2e3y4

thank every one for their advice and i welcome any other comments or advice,we can use it!take care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">