• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce help !!! :-(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billw001

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My Question: I am wanting a divorce. No children. Married 16 years. I am offering her everything (house, cars, etc..) She said if we get a divorce she will make me pay alimoney. We both work and bring in an income. ( I do make more than her). I will pay off all credit card bills, pay of the car we owe money on, I will sign over the house and car that has both of our names on it. All she would have to do is pay the mortage, utilities, and her own car insurance. Basically she pays her own rent and utilities.

I want to go our seperate ways with no strings attached. No adultry involved.

I need to know where I stand in this matter.

Thank you for any help you can give.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

For the price of a telephone call, you can obtain a free initial consultation from a local area Family Law attorney. Yellow Pages, under "Attorneys."

IAAL

T

toasted

My personal take on this is if you are paying everything and giving her the equity of the house, well I don't think a judge would make you pay alimony. When you see an attorney, this could be your offer. If she declines, then you do not offer anything and allow the attorneys to deal with it. Thats what you are paying them for. However I feel her attorney would suggest to her to accept your offer as most judges do not give alimony, especially to spouses that have a career.

B

billw001

Re:

Thank you toasted.

Can anybody else give their take on this? Maybe been in this situation??

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">