• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kel2001

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

i've married 5 years. not really happy where things are going. just want to know how to start. we have three kids. i would need some housing help and childcare help.

T

toasted

First of all, are you working? If not you need to get a job. You haven't been married long enough for a chance at alimony, although I wouldn't say its totally out of the question. I just wouldn't count on it.

Once you have a job, then look for housing and such. You also have to pay for the attorney. Without an income, if your husband were to fight for custody, chances are he would get it as he can show he has the means to support then better than you.

Call up a womans shelter and ask them for help. They may guide you towards some programs they are familiar with. Sorry, wish I could offer you more assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">