• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what is

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bcchannell

What is the name of your state? texas
some one told me that i had to get a divorce because i was com law married how could that be if i only stayed three month out of a year with him
this person told me because we have kids togother we are com law married
in that case he is marreid to a nothere women because he lived with her and had kids with her
so do i have to get a divorce and in that case the man that i married to it is not legal we have paper say that we are married

V

velbing

What is

Did you only live with him a total of 3 months? Did you introduce yourself as Mr. and Mrs.? Did you have joint checking or savings accounts? Did you sign for things as his wife? There is a lot more involved to a common law marriage than having kids together. Maybe if you provide a little more info, one of the wonderful people here can assist you better.

B

bcchannell

i was 17 wheni movied in with him and i leave him wheni was 26 i stayed 3 month ever year we was together with him no i never sign any thing as his wife and no we did not have joint accounts

but with his ex before me they had joint acounts they said they was hubby and wife

what more info do you need

V

velbing

What is

From your information, it doesn't sound as though it would qualify as common law. As for having kids together, that makes no difference. But to be on the safe side, you should arrange for a consultation with a family law attorney near you. Many have free or reduced price initial consultations.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">