• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

post-divorce provision follow-up

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

landersonus

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My divorce was final February 2001. In the order, my ex-husband was required to continue my health care benefits for a minimum of two years and I had the option to request a third year if I had still had no insurance through my employer. (Other stipulations included that I not remarry, co-habitate ... None of which have changed since the divorce was final.)

My question to you: Will a letter from me to the court stating my request suffice? I would include a copy of the order for review by the judge with a statment that my living conditions haven't changed and maybe of copy of my 2002 tax return. Anything else you might suggest? Or are there specific forms the State of MI/County of Genesee requires to be filed? I would really like to handle this myself but would prefer Not to have direct contact with my ex.

Okay, so that's 3 questions. Sorry if I went on too long. But thanks in advance for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">