• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

planning a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ron_1

What is the name of your state? Ga I am married to a woman that has two children. I don't have children.we lived together 6 years before getting married.we have been married for one and half years.during 5 of 6 years i completed a b.s degree.although i did not work full time i worked part time and recieved money from a student loan.she recieved benefits from the state,as a result did not work(free housing and food benefits).i considered myself financially independent. i would help pay for utilties.after completing the degree i have payed the majority of the bills(housing,clothes,food,etc....). i love the kids very much and would do anything for them, but i want to come out with a fair deal. she has cheated on me before and during our time being married. she has got us into more debt by not wanting to sacrifice. since she had chidhood with divorced parents and bad previous marriages, i assumed her lashing out would eventually subside. i was wrong!!! i don't want to say anything about a divorce untill i have my stuff together. she has 3 credit cards total being 2k. i have 3 total being 4k. we recently got a car for her and the purchase amount was 20k. she cosigned.i have got a private loan of 4k and a 25k student loan. i am willing to pay this marital debt except the car loan. do i need to do something about the car now or put a clause in the divorce papers when i decide to file. also, will i have to pay child support. she says that she would never ask for support since the chidren are hers. i make 31k a year. she makes 25k a year. she usually recieves $200 month childsupport for the youngest child. i know commenting on all the above is too much. please choose a section and reply. thanks!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">