• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Innactive time after petition filed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

picesperson

What is the name of your state? California

If there is no settlement decree or court action for a period of 1 year following the filing of a petition for divoce, i.e., no action other than filing a Response to the Petition, does the process have to be started all over again? Where can I read the law on this?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

picesperson said:
What is the name of your state? California

If there is no settlement decree or court action for a period of 1 year following the filing of a petition for divoce, i.e., no action other than filing a Response to the Petition, does the process have to be started all over again? Where can I read the law on this?

My response:

No. Until the court, on it's own motion, dismisses the Dissolution action or is dismissed by both parties, who have both signed a Request for Dismissal form, and filed it with the clerk, the action can theoretically remain "active" forever.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">