• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lied on NC marriage license. Any legal ramifications?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlynn

What is the name of your state? NC

I'm trying to find out if there are any legal implications to lying on the marriage license application. I'm currently separated from my husband but recently remembered that he lied on the application. He claimed that our marriage was his first when in fact he had been previously married. I'm starting to doubt that divorce. The document is in German and for some strange reason the translated document (translated by a friend of his family) is missing. It may be all good.

Just trying to get additional ammo for our pending divorce. If anything, I am hoping to use it to show his integrity. As if a felony child endangerment charge and alcoholism isn't enough.

Is it grounds for annulment?

Thanks.
TLynn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">