• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

move without notice to wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rdscreen

What is the name of your state? indiana. my wife and i live with her parents. i want to move to nevada. i have tried several times to get my wife to move away frome her parents but she won't can i just take my daughter and move and then file for divorce in nevada without notice?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
While you could technically move, you would have to establish residence in Nevada prior to being able to file there. Expect that your wife will file in Indiana prior to your having done so. This will require that you retain an attorney in Indiana, that you return to Indiana for any court hearings, and that you may well be ordered to return your daughter to Indiana.

It's a generally really lousy idea to do this. If you feel divorce is the only solution - file first, get everything hammered out in terms of custosy, and them make the moves you want. But how would you feel if your wife up and took your child to a different state like you propose?

R

rdscreen

she already did once and then filed false charges that later got droped and wouldn't let me see my daughter. residency in nevada only taks one day and this is where my daughter was born and we were married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">