• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

masketts

help!! what to do give me suggestions

What is the name of your state? florida i filed for divorce 10/02 she left the state for n.j. almost immediately after she through my clothes out the balcony that was almost 3 yrs ago now she answered the summons with certain conditions to be addressed but till now will not say what issues needs to be discussed. there are no children and when she through me out all i got was my clothes and one of the cars. there are no other assets. i'm a truck driver her a nurse with our own insurance what do i do now i can't afford an attorney. we were married for 17 years . she said i would here from her attorney with the issues after the holidays. how long must i wait?? What do i do next? do i need an attorney to end this? I want to move on with my life now that i have found someone else. :confused::confused::mad:

Last edited:

C

cyana

I think in your case, without children or significant assets you can do it yourself (pro se). I presume you have already paid the filing fee to start the divorce. FL is an equitable division state. Both www.divorcenet.com and www.divorcesource.com have state specific divorce laws and both have "How to divorce" book recommendations. I think the series "How to get a divorce in (state name) are the most recommended and cover the basic property settlement issues. Good luck.

C

cyana

You have edited your original post significantly

It *sounds* as if if you did something to *piss* her off so much that she threw your stuff off the balcony two years ago. I am *not* presuming that your had a "friend" or "friends" at the time but read this:

http://divorcenet.com/fl/fl-art05.html

It make affect your property division and since yours was a relatively long term marriage (you added the "married for 17 years'" part) this may increase any alimony award that she's entitled to as well.

I think you should start saving your pennies for a lawyer. Especially since she has engaged legal services and so far seems intractable by "making you wait".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">