• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bifurcation what to do to remarry?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akinbad74

What is the name of your state? Alabama. I have just recently been bifurcated from a previous marriage in California and am getting maried in Alabama in March. My situation is, the probate court here that issues marriage licences is confussed as to my status.I called asking general questions about being bifurcated in another state and they don't know the law on that. The supervisor told me to ask an Alabama attorney.Now the state of Alabama reconizes the laws and judgment of the state you were divorced or bifurcated in. My question is, I now Im legal to be remmaried immediately,but I don't need any hang ups at the marriage licence place. Do I need not even bring it up? or what else can I do?

A

akinbad74

Well, to be more exact. The court is going to grant me "status" in Feb. So, when they do that, is that what i will recieve from the Court? See, I need to know that to. My attorney is hard to reach at times and I been wanting to know what I will recieve as far as paperwork that day?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

akinbad74 said:
Well, to be more exact. The court is going to grant me "status" in Feb. So, when they do that, is that what i will recieve from the Court? See, I need to know that to. My attorney is hard to reach at times and I been wanting to know what I will recieve as far as paperwork that day?

My response:

You're using terms like "bifurcation" and "status" in manners that are unfamiliar to me - - and I've been a family law attorney for years in California.

So, then your answer to my question is "No." Suffice it to say, until you have a "Decree of Dissolution" in your hot little hand, you shall NOT do anything that would cause you to enter into a bigamous marriage.

Write a letter to your attorney with your questions.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">