• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bills and Repossetions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kuddlykim

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My husband and I are living apart, filling for separation. He had a car that I was the secondary on the loan. Since he moved out, he has made no payments. The car has been repossessed. Can I be absolved of this debt in our legal separation / divorce since the car was his and he took it when he left?

B

Boxcarbill

kuddlykim said:
What is the name of your state? South Carolina

My husband and I are living apart, filling for separation. He had a car that I was the secondary on the loan. Since he moved out, he has made no payments. The car has been repossessed. Can I be absolved of this debt in our legal separation / divorce since the car was his and he took it when he left?
I have answered this question at least 3 times in the last few days. A court order does not bind creditors because they are not a party to the suit. A court order can only bind the parties in the suit. The creditor contracted with you and with your husband. The creditor can look to him, to you or to both to get their money and they can turn both of you in on a creditor report.

Whyte Noise

BCB

Be prepared to answer it many, many, many more times as well... Don't ya know, everyone situation is unique even though there are over 320,000 posts on here? The answers to their unique question couldn't "possibly" be found in there. :D

No offense to the original poster on this thread. It's just a fact of the Forums. :)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP 10 Things To Do When Posting On FreeAdvice - -

NUMBER 10: Posting to numerous forums causes us Contributors to commit suicide!

NUMBER 9: We start laughing when you post your "criminal question" on the "Family law" forum.

NUMBER 8: When posting to the forums, clothing is optional.

NUMBER 7: Even though FreeAdvice has simple-to-follow rules that any 2nd grader could understand and follow, see how many rules you can violate or ignore.

NUMBER 6: Whenever your post discusses some sort of sexual behavior, it causes IAAL and VeronicaGia to "act it out."

NUMBER 5: See how many spelling and grammar errors you can make in one sentence.

NUMBER 4: "I finally get here, and you're telling me FreeAdvice is closed?!"

NUMBER 3: Please write your post as long as you can. The Contributors like to sleep.

NUMBER 2: "Paragraphs? What the hell are paragraphs?"

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Thing To Do When Posting On FreeAdvice - -

Despite the fact that there are over 320,000 questions and responses, you firmly believe that your question has never been asked before, and you adamantly refuse to use the "Search" function!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">