• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

he won't sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

montboss

What is the name of your state? Montana

I live in Montana and he lives in Massachusetts. I filed the divorce paperwork in Montana. I have been trying for a year and a half for him to sign the paperwork. This is a very cut and dry divorce. We don't have any children together or house, car, etc. I simply was very unhappy in my marriage, and left. I moved to Montana in 2001 and filed divorce paperwork. I have called him and he said he will sign them and send them back to my lawyer, but he hasn't. Yesterday he emailed my mother and said he has the paperwork, but he hasn't signed them yet because "it's too hard"... what do i do??? I want to be divorced, how do i go about getting him to sign the paperwork??

Windy

VeronicaGia

Since this is very cut and dry, you need to ask your attorney if you can get a court date whether he signs or not. Is your state a "no fault" state?

He is delaying the inevitable. Find out from your attorney if you can proceed without his signature.

M

montboss

montana is not a no-fault state... it's pretty much a waiting game now

C

cyana

According to both www.divorcesource.com and www.divorcenet.com Montana is a "no fault" state. In fact, here's a link where you can actually file "on-line":

http://www.completecase.com/state_content/mt.html (online filing)

in connection with: http://divorcenet.com/mt/mt-divorce.html.

Now since you know where he lives, I see no reason why you can't have him properly "served" by the laws of Montana or Massachusett's (I don't know which would apply). If he chooses to "Answer" your "Petition for Dissolution" by dis

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">