• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wa state no-fault and the "criminal"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JolieRhys

What is the name of your state? Washington

I've been married over 3.5 yrs., & have been emotionally abused- no money, necessities given only after major struggles. All property is in spouse's name only, including check account, properties, retirement- everything. He printed my name on the check logo, but I am not on the account. He bought a new car, a truck & camper, sold a property, & has attempted to sell other assets.

He applied for a Refi on the house we live in, as a "single man', but the mortgagor caught it, & wanted me to sign off on the Deed of Trust, & he would sign a Quit Claim from "single" to "married." As we have talked "divorce," I said I didn't feel it wise to do this, as whatever vested interest I MAY have would be lost.
NOW he wants to put my name on the loan papers, though he knows I am planning to file for divorce.

He has been stealing from his employer throughout the marriage. The Ethics Dept. of his employer knows about it, but they are waiting for me to "say the word." He has been doing this for at least 10 yrs., tho I didn't know till after we married. I did confront him & told him to stop, but he resumed after a time.

My question: Is the mortgagor handling this Refi properly? He knew he was lying on the App. To what am I entitled- have the payments on the assets, or just the principle? What should I do about refinancing in both our names? Will signing the papers help or hinder in a settlement? I reported the thieving-can he lose everything? [I estimate about $15,000 worth.]

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">