• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wise_cookie

What is the name of your state?

Mississippi

I am disabled and my husband has abandoned me (took a few clothes) and never came home. He has called and told me he wants a divorce. I've not received the papers yet but I do know he has been to see a lawyer. My only source of income is a small disability check via social security. I own no property. The mobile home we live in is in his name only (he had it before we married) and is located on property owned by his parents. We have been married for almost 10 years. Our anniversary is in May. We do not have children. I have no family left so I have no where to go? My disability check barely pays for my medicine. There is no way I can survive on just it. What are my chances of a judge making him provide me with a home and paying me spousal support? Can I possibly get spousal support for life if I don't remarry? I also have some debt on credit cards that are in my name and there is some debt on cards in his name and I am an authorized user only? What do you think will happen there? I really scared and worried for my future! I can't afford a lawyer but looks like I have no choice. Could he be forced to pay my legal bills?

M

montboss

Every state has free legal aid. Contact them and ask about "abandonment". You may win in the end.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">