• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left high and dry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tikvah

What is the name of your state? Wyoming

Hello.

I lived in Denver, Colorado and met someone nice in January 1999. We got married January 2000. We didn't live together so when we found out more about each other in the marriage, he wanted out. In April 2000 I asked him to leave and he did. Both of us are older and have no children together. In August we decided to file for a divorce and so we went to the courthouse and received the papers we needed to file a no-fault divorce. We agreed to each pay have the filing fee and also that we would be notified by mail of the decree.

In October I had a job transfer which took me to Arizona and there was no word on my divorce yet since it had not yet been 90 days.

I have since moved back up north to Wyoming in June of 2002 and had checked to see if I was divorced (I never received mail notification) and found out I am not. I tried to contact him at his work, home and phone. He was fired in 2001 and his phone disconnected with no new listing and he moved with no forwarding address.

I want to have this over with. Do I need to hire a detective to do this or can I just file by myself?:confused:

nailtech

some states allow citation by publication,.... in other words, if you place an ad in the local paper of the town in which he last lived or where you believe he last lived, you can serve him that way, in doing a search I could not find anything in your state that allows that but it doesnt mean it does not exist.... you need to find out if you are allowed to cite by publication to serve him and go through your divorce in that manner...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">