• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remarrying spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msho720

What is the name of your state? PA
I was married in 1972 in PA and divorced in 1994 in KY. My ex and I have reconciled and want to know if we have to remarry in a civil ceremony. We were married in the Catholic Church so that is still binding. Do you annul a divorce?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

msho720 said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I was married in 1972 in PA and divorced in 1994 in KY. My ex and I have reconciled and want to know if we have to remarry in a civil ceremony. We were married in the Catholic Church so that is still binding. Do you annul a divorce?

My response:

There is no such thing as "annulling a divorce." If you want to get remarried, then you can do so through a Civil Ceremony.

This site does not advise on matters concerning the Church - - how you deal with the Church, and it's theological doctrine, and it's rules and regulations, is for you to confer with a priest.

IAAL

C

cyana

Huh...

I am Catholic and was married in a Catholic church and trust me I am divorced according to the laws of the state of Delaware (separation of chuch and state). Now, if you want to *remarry* in a Catholic Church you might have to pursue an annulment (on what grounds I have no idea). I'd go with IAAL's advice - remarry in either a civil ceremony or chose a non-catholic church if you want a more religious ceremony.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">