• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAthomps

What is the name of your state? Texas
I may be filing my own divorce. My husband and I have a one year old car, with 4 years left to pay on it. He has the car. I want it out of my name. He says no. I was the primary signer on the loan. How can I force him to take it out of my name?

nailtech

Threaten to take and sell it if he will not refinance it per court orders... get everything in writing and signed by a judge, of course that wont stop him from defaulting on the loan and sticking you with it... and ruining your credit in the process..

annefan

Since no divorce action has been filed as of yet, send him a friendly letter requesting your automobile back. If he chooses to ignore your correspondence, report a stolen vehicle.

Nasty, I know..but it usually motivates a person.

nailtech

making a false police report could get her into more trouble then just going and picking up the car herself...

annefan

True, and my devious disposition yesterday prompted my reply, however, I wanted to make clear that I suggested she "request" her automobile back first, and if her request goes unheeded, to follow up with a report of theft.

Don't know if that makes a difference, but I'm not feeling quite so devious today :)

S

snookyjo

just do what my soon to be ex wife did forge his name and then go into court and have a commissioner make him sign his name off the title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">