• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeals/Offer In Compromise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txtornado

What is the name of your state? Tx
what is the average wait time on an appeals for an oic? I was able to get that far on my own, with the irs stating a settlement for a higher amount. I then hired an attorney for the appeal which was sent in Aug 02. Still waiting....This has been going on now from the start of the oic since Sept 01. Original tax due w/ex was 2,300, found out it wasn't paid during divorce, I offered $1800, they wanted $3600.00....wouldn't it have been more cost effective to settle? My attorney (who specializes in IRS) states I shouldn't have to pay anymore than $500! due to my financial statement etc.....just need to know how much longer....others experience with this sort of thing...

T

txtornado

Thank You, for your reply. My attorney and the TPA states the OIC office will get to it when they get to it. It is all a waiting game. Apparently, there is a "huge bottleneck" at this point in the OIC. But I was originally told 90days and it is going on 150 days. Thanks Again:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">