• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ssdi and amending irs returns

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leslie dicicco

What is the name of your state? massachusetts.
i am self-employed & just filed for ssdi. i am medically qualified. but i have many "0" zero income years (because of losses) in enough years that i do not have sufficient number of "c" good earnings credit yrs. in any 5 of any previous 10 years. result: now filing for ssdi, i do not have "c" credit income years enough to threshold qualify. how can i amend enough "0" tax years into positive "c" years & reflect that i did work, but losses exceeded income while i was getting sicker? even if ok with irs, will ssa refuse to recognize because of motivation only to qualify for ssdi?

abezon

You can amend tax returns by filing a form 1040X for each tax year. However, it sounds like you need an attorney who does SS work ASAP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">