• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Now "his" lawyer thinks I should file Bankruptcy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cd52381

What is the name of your state? Ohio

After discussing things with my soon 2BX he told me he would hold the divorce off until I got my life in order (things are in SUCH disarray right now) Anyway, I got a call at WORK from his S.O.B. Lawyer who was a TOTAL prick!! First of all, my husband told me he was OUR lawyer and he was just the Mediator and was handeling our dissolution. What a lit THAT was! His lawyer told me "No, I am your husband's lawyer and I represent him and I will NOT disspense any legal advice to you whatsoever." So I told him, nicely, that I spoke with my husband and we agreed to wait until Spring or even Summer to pursue the divorce b/c of my OWN personal problems and my husband agreed. Well, prick lawyer replies, "So what are you telling me? Are you saying you won't comply to the papers (affidavit's) that were sent to you?" I said, "No that's not the problem, I CAN'T reply now I live 3 hours away from home b/c of a temporary job/business move and I don't have the time, money, or energy to deal with it." So THEN this @sshole replies, "Well, we can either do this the easy way or the hard way." :mad:
Not only that he called my DAUGHTER at home and told HER the same thing! Needless to say it upset her a great deal.

ANYWAY, I later found out that the attorney, Roger Isla, "thinks" it would be in my best interest if I filed for Bankruptcy because of "my" credit card debt. This was OUR credit card debt not just mine. Not to mention we JUST re-financed the house and put a few credit cards on it.

My question is, Is there something sneaky and under-handed going on behind my back here?? What is this S.O.B. Lawyer trying to do? I plan on getting a lawyer but I JUST don't have the money right now.

Thanks so much and sorry for the extreme lenght of this post--I just have no one to talk to about this.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">