• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Incarcerated, can judge sign off on divorce pprs 4 me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CookiWafer

What is the name of your state? KY

I'm asking this question for a friend of mine that's incarcerated in a prison in KY (for 3 yrs). His wife filed for divorce (so she could run off with her boyfriend)/my friend said "I haven't signed the divorce papers yet, but think a judge can sign off on them since I'm incarcerated". His wife also filed a "quick deed" along w/those papers, we dont' know what that is.

He also asked me to ask you something else. He signed off his 'half' of the house to his wife, so his son would have a place to live/she wouldn't have to sell it. He's found that she's intending to SELL the house, taking off w/the money, the new beau .. he could have easily used a lot of that money for an appeal, or to get himself back together after his release. MY QUESTION IS: Is there any way, since he hasn't signed the divorce papers yet/the judge hasn't signed the papers, is there any way he can still recover his 'half' of the house? Thanks so much, Cooki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">